Tacos are one of the most popular Mexican food items. It is well-known around the globe, and each country adds a distinct touch to the dish to give it a native trace. Besides, tacos are among America’s favorite comfort food options. You can find plenty of taco places in the United States that do justice to this Mexican item. So, we will discuss the best tacos in Santa Ana, CA, that you must try.
Best Tacos In Santa Ana
We understand that tacos are not everybody’s cup of tea. Several restaurants and eateries offer this delicacy on their menus; however, only a few can get it right. Thus, we have selected the best taco restaurants for you in this article. Let’s move on and make acquaintances with these places.
Taqueria El Zamorano
This taco place is here to meet all your expectations. Taqueria El Zamorano takes pride in serving the best tacos in town. Moreover, since the recipe is decades old and authentic, they are experts in the taco business. Hence, you will still find the same great taste in their tacos as in the initial years.
- Address: 925 W. Warner Ave, Santa Ana CA 92707.
- Specialties: Cabeza, Huevos Rancheros, and Solo Carne.
Taqueria El Gordito
It is a decent Mexican place with a pleasant environment and friendly staff. The staff will welcome you with a warm smile and accompany you until you settle at your table.
In addition, this taco restaurant has a team of talented chefs who know how to ace the right flavors in each dish. As a result, no matter what you order, it will be tasty.
- Address: 415 N Grand Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Chorizo and Fish Taco.
Next, we have this excellent spot for the best tacos in Santa Ana. You will come across plenty of flavors that will make your everyday taco experience much more exciting. Plus, the fillings are yummy and cooked to perfection. Hence, you will feel lusciousness in every bite.
On the other hand, they have a beautiful makeshift outside dining where you can have a nice meal with your favorite people.
- Address: 1714 McFadden Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705, United States.
- Specialties: California Burrito, Tortas, and Fish Tacos.
It is a lively restaurant with nothing but beautiful vibes and superb food. Besides tacos, they have fantastic burritos and other Mexican food dishes that you will love.
Moreover, you can choose your favorite meat for the tacos. They are served on a fresh and hot tortilla, topped with onions, garlic, and other ingredients to give it an incredible taste.
- Address: 1029 E 4th St, Santa Ana, CA 92701, United States.
- Specialties: Burritos and Tacos.
Baja Fish Tacos
You will find the best fish tacos Santa Ana possesses at this famous taco spot. The chefs prepare the tacos with absolute freshness and premium ingredients. Consequently, the food is top-notch. People especially stop by the restaurant for their famous fish tacos.
- Address: 3664 S Bristol St (between MacArthur & Sunflower), Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Fish Burrito, Fish Taco, and Baja Bowl.
Taqueria De Anda
We have this underrated taco place that has excellent tacos. Each taco is made to perfection, ensuring the right flavors and seasonings. Hence, it will be an absolute delight to your palate.
Furthermore, it is open 24 hours, so visit the place whenever you are nearby. They will provide classic Mexican food, no matter what the time is. Besides, it will be made fresh for you.
- Address: 1029 E 4th St, Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Chicken Tacos and Cabesa Burrito.
El Mercado Modern Cuisine
El Mercado is a modern restaurant with a luxurious touch. You will feel like you have entered a royal eatery when you enter the place. On the other hand, they do Taco Thursdays, where they offer a great variety.
Additionally, they serve the best tacos Santa Ana has ever seen. With a distinct flair, El Mercado will win your tastebuds with their delicious taco collection, consisting of many flavors. You can select the one that matches your food preferences the best. If you’re a fan of tacos, be sure to check out our article on the 14 BEST Taco Trucks in Santa Ana for even more delicious options.
- Address: 301 North Spurgeon Street, Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Carnitas, Shrimp Taco, and Jamaica.
El Toro Carniceria
This place will make a great pick if you are craving regular Mexican comfort food. El Toro Carniceria has various taco options. While you are here, try the Carnitas Tacos because you will surely regret otherwise. It will be like the best taco you have ever tasted.
The Carnitas will make you forget about all the previous tacos you have had. All the aspects, from filling to the perfectly-made shells, are mind-blowing.
- Address: 1340 W 1st St (Bristol St), Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Carnitas Tacos, and Champurrado.
Here, you will encounter a fantastic taco collection. It has Birria Taco, Al Pastor Taco, Asada Taco, and Potato Taquitos, among other options. Also, Navarro’s is home to the best Birria tacos in Santa Ana.
However, they open at 10 am on weekdays and at 9 am on weekends. Hence, you can even go here for an excellent breakfast.
- Address: 1535 S Standard Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92707, United States.
- Specialties: Birria Taco and Al Pastor Taco.
Rubio’s Coastal Grill
Rubio’s is a hidden gem in Santa Ana for tacos. They have delicious tacos that have ample fillings. Thus, you can devour every bite of the food. Further, you will find unique taco flavors you have never heard of before. So, this place is a brilliant pick if you love to try new dishes and flavors. However, they also have traditional varieties.
- Address: 2841 W. MacArthur Blvd., Suite A (S. Fairview St.), Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Gourmet Portabello Mushroom Taco.
Avila’s El Ranchito
For the best tacos in Santa Ana, do not miss out on this taco shop. Moreover, Taco Tuesdays are a fun day to stop by this place because you will come across a large variety of delicious tacos. In addition, they serve fresh tortillas in every order to enhance the taste.
Besides, you can pair your meal with a refreshing cocktail from their menu. There are several flavors that you can pick.
- Address: 2201 E 1st St (btw Tustin ave and Golden Circle Dr), Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Asada Tacos, Carnitas.
It is a fantastic taco place with aesthetic vibes and a pleasant environment. Plus, they have a friendly staff who knows everything about the menu. So, refer to them for any food-related queries.
Moroever, Taqueria Zamora has excellent handmade corn tortillas in Santa Ana. You can request the tacos on corn tortillas to have a unique experience.
- Address: 3121 S Main St, Santa Ana, California.
- Specialites: Rice Quart, Salsa Pint, and Taquitos Flautas Party.
They make superb Mexican-inspired dishes at Mar, fused with a native touch. Consequently, you will get to enjoy a taste like never before. It offers a luscious selection of tacos and Mexican seafood.
Also, this is a brilliant restaurant to visit with your friends and family since they have ample space. However, the place may get noisy on some occasions.
- Address: 201 E 4th St #137, Santa Ana, CA 92701, United States.
- Specialties: Teriyaki Tacos and Poke Bowls.
Let us introduce you to one more excellent place having the best Mexican tacos in Santa Ana. The restaurant is always bustling with good food and happy vibes. And they provide tasteful tacos that will go easy on your pocket. Thus, you can go here to uplift your mood.
- Address: 1258 17th St, Santa Ana, CA 92701, United States.
- Specialties: Al Pastor Tacos, Carne Asada Tacos, and Super Burrito.
You will find tender and perfectly seasoned meat in every taco your order. Plus, the tortillas are soft and fresh. As a result, you will get your hands on the perfect taco that you will surely love.
Furthermore, you can get tasty sides to eat with your taco or request extra toppings. It will make your food even yummier.
- Address: 1604 W 1st St, Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Goat Tacos.
Undoubtedly, they have the best tacos in Santa Ana. Del Taco is a beautiful eatery where you can stop to grab a quick bite. It will rightly kick away your hunger pangs.
Besides, you will get to taste some superb Mexican food. The Turkey Tacos offered here are distinct, and you will not find them easily in the city. So, do give them a try.
- Address: 2761 N Grand Ave (at 22 Fwy), Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialites: Chicken Soft Tacos, and Turkey Tacos.
Here is a nice taco spot for you to visit in Santa Ana. You will find an incredible menu, with each item having a delicious array of flavors. There are Birria, Asada, Carnitas, Pollo, Buche, and more varieties. On the other hand, all the tacos are made with the meat you choose. And if you’re looking for breakfast options in Santa Ana, be sure to check out our article on the BEST 33 Breakfast Spots in Santa Ana.
- Address: 305 E 4th St, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Birria Tacos, and Pollo Tacos.
Taquiero Taco Patio
It is a fancy taco restaurant in Santa Ana, perfect for a calm dining experience. Thus, go here with your colleagues if you want to discuss something important over lunch.
The staff takes excellent care of the presentation. Hence, you will receive food that not only tastes good but looks appealing as well. And Taco Patio also has keto-style cheese tortillas for tacos.
- Address: 1501 W MacArthur Blvd Suite A, Santa Ana, CA 92704, United States.
- Specialites: Carne Asado, Pollo, Carnitas, and Veggie Tacos.
This eatery is inspired to serve only the best Mexican food in the city. Once you have tasted their food, you will want to come back again. That’s how good they are.
Additionally, you can order different flavors of Tacos and Burritos from the menu. All of them are made with the same love and incredible taste.
- Address: 1631 17th St #J, Santa Ana, CA 92705, United States.
- Specialties: Shrimp Taco and 3 Rolled Tacos.
Alebrije’s Grill Taco Truck
The truck is parked in front of a Mexican supermarket. Therefore, you can come here to grab a bite when you are hungry after all the shopping.
This taco truck will provide you with the best street tacos Santa Ana offers. You will love the flavors, texture, and everything.
- Address: Cubbon St And S Main St Santa Ana, CA 92707.
- Specialties: Taco Acorazado and Battleship Tacos.
Little Onion Mexican Restaurant
Once you enter this Mexican restaurant, you will be bombarded with an enchanting aura. The smell of freshly made Mexican food will overwhelm you to try these best tacos in Santa Ana instantly. In addition, the Fajita Tacos are a must-try.
- Address: 110 W MacArthur Blvd (Main St), Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Fajita Tacos and Street-Style Tacos.
Mariscos Los Corales
It has top-notch service, thanks to its professional staff. Your order will be on your table quickly to minimize the long waiting times. Plus, the food will be fresh and hot, and you can feel the incredible aroma of your plate.
- Address: 2629 Westminster Ave Santa Ana, CA 92706.
- Specialties: Carne Asada and Shrimp Quesadilla.
Recommended Read: The BEST Chinese Food Santa Ana Offers
El Calamar has fresh and piping-hot tacos that will delight your palate. Whether you like your tacos with soft or hard shells, you will get both options at this taco spot. Also, their fish tacos are some of the best in the city.
- Address: 315 W 17th St, Santa Ana, CA 92706, United States.
- Specialties: Fish Tacos and Shrimp Tacos.
Taqueria El Triunfo
It offers lots of meat options for your taco. Hence, you can add your favorite meat to the dish to enjoy a tasteful taco according to your preference.
In addition, the portion size is decent, and you can satisfy your appetite to the fullest. However, the restaurant is not spacious.
- Address: 2502 Westminster Ave Santa Ana, CA 92706.
- Specialties: Lengua Tacos, and Taquitos.
Taqueria Ayutla Oaxaca
This taco truck will pave its way into our list of the best tacos in Santa Ana. You might have to wait a bit since the place is somewhat crowded.
However, one downside is that it starts business late, around 7 pm. Hence, you can not have its tacos for lunch or as a quick evening snack.
- Address: 2631 S Main St, Santa Ana, CA 92707, United States.
- Specialties: Carne Asada, Al Pastor, and Buche.
The tacos at Lola Gaspar are total yum. You will devour every bite of your food to the fullest. They have a vast menu with items like Mexican White Tiger Shrimp, Pork Confit Carnitas, and Mesquite Grilled Asada, among others.
- Address: 211 W 2nd St (Broadway), Santa Ana, CA.
- Specialties: Mexican White Tiger Shrimp and Achiote Honey Grilled Chicken.
Tacos Y Birria El Guerro
This Mexican taco spot has the crunchiest tacos in town. You will feel every bite’s crunchy and rich texture to enhance your meal.
Moreover, you can go here for breakfast, lunch, dinner or anytime you find suitable. It opens daily at 7 am to bring you the best tacos in Santa Ana. If you’re looking for a different type of cuisine, check out our article on Vietnamese Food in Santa Ana.
- Address: 2330 W Edinger Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92704, United States.
- Specialties: Consome, Birria Tacos, and Enchiladas.
At Taqueria Tapatia, they serve mind-blowing tacos with yummy sauces and tender meat. The meat is always cooked to perfection to ensure a juicy texture.
Thus, every bite will bring you nothing but happiness and satisfaction. Also, there are various flavors that you can order.
- Address: 202 S Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: Lengua Tacos, AL Pastor, and Carne Asada.
Tito’s La Especial
Trust us when we say they serve the most fabulous tacos in many flavors. Besides, you can request them to remove a particular ingredient from your taco if you are not a fan of it.
The staff will listen attentively to your instructions and will try to bring you the best plate of tacos you have ever tasted. This restaurant has taco experts.
- Address: 503 W. 17th St. Santa Ana, CA 92706.
- Specialties: Tacos Al Vapor, and Tacos Dorados.
Taqueria La Mexicana
Do not miss out on this Mexican eatery in Santa Ana. You will encounter an incredible array of Mexican food made precisely like that in Mexico. Therefore, it will feel like you have been transported to the country.
Moreover, you will also find other food options, such as Burritos, Enchiladas, and more, if you want to try something else.
- Address: 630 S Euclid St UNIT C, Santa Ana, CA 92704, United States.
- Specialties: California Burrito, Carne Asada Tacos.
Also Read: The BEST Sushi In Santa Ana You Must Try
Los Reyes Del Elote Asado
Next, this is the spot we would like to add to our compilation. They provide some of the best tacos in Santa Ana that are superb in terms of quality and quantity. One taco will fulfill your hunger. Also, the chefs add a lot of meat and sauces to give their tacos a delicious flavor.
- Address: S Main St & E Chestnut Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92701, United States.
- Specialties: Esquite Asado and Tacos De Mole.
El Yaqui Tacos Y Mariscos
Let us introduce you to this top-notch place to get tacos. You can have Reyes, Camaron Estilo Ensada, Chichcarron, and much more here. You can order different items and try them all while you are here.
Furthermore, the taste will meet your expectations whenever you visit the spot. The chefs are consistent with the recipe.
- Address: 1935 East 17th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Specialties: Camaron Enchilado, and Botana.
At last, this is the place you should consider visiting for the best Mexican tacos in Santa Ana. You will love its taste and quantity, no matter which flavor you choose. Plus, it has a kind staff who will be at your service throughout.
- Address: 601 E St Andrew Pl, Santa Ana, CA, United States, California.
- Specialties: Tacos.
So, this was all about the best tacos in Santa Ana that you can have. All these Mexican taco shops have soft shells and hard shells. Therefore, you can choose whichever you like the best. You can also select your favorite meat fillings to create a customized taco.