Santa Ana is a culturally rich city with many historic sites and recreational spots in Orange County, CA. If you are looking for a place that is not so mainstream but is also suitable for vacations, then you can go to this city for some days. You can also find amazing beaches near Santa Ana.
Mexican Food In Santa Ana
The city has a wide range of food scenes and is heavily populated with Mexicans. Because of this, there are quite several Mexican restaurants in the city. Here, we will tell you about the best Mexican food in Santa Ana.
Taqueria El Zamorano
This place is among the best Mexican restaurants in Santa Ana and has a classy vibe and moderate noise. The staff is super friendly, and you can also take your dogs there. The place serves classic and authentic Mexican food that is rich in flavors. They also offer some vegan options for vegetarians people.
- Address: 925 W Warner Ave Santa Ana, CA 92707.
- Specialties: Asada Burrito, Carne Asada Plate, Sopes.
Little Onion Mexican Restaurant
This cute eatery has various Mexican food options. From cuisines to tacos to churros to pizzas, they excel at everything. If you are looking for healthy and yummy Mexican Food, head to Little Onion Mexican Restaurant. They serve their customers with utmost love, and the food is marvelous.
- Address: 110 W Macarthur Blvd Santa Ana, CA 92707.
- Specialties: Ground Beef Taco, Chile Relleno, Cheese Enchilada.
La Lucha Mexican Kitchen
Are you looking for a Mexican eatery in the city that serves food with bold flavors and also has a Mexican interior? If so, then you should go to La Lucha Mexican Kitchen. This is a Mexican restaurant near the harbor that serves a variety of food items. The place is decorated with Mexican-styled things and has some televisions too. Their food is amazing, with authentic and bold flavors.
- Address: 120 S Harbor Blvd Unit H Santa Ana, CA 92704
- Specialties: Taco El Santo, Carne Asada Plate, Cochinita Pibil Taco.
Taqueria El Gordito
This eatery is perfect for kids and pets. It offers food at every time of the day, be it breakfast or late night munching, Taqueria El Gordito got you. Their Burritos are quite famous in the area as they have the perfect taste of a Mexican burrito. Taqueria El Gordito has an amiable staff, a very casual vibe, and serves the best Mexican food in Santa Ana.
- Address: 415 N Grand Ave Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Breakfast Burrito, Asada Taco, California Burrito.
Perla Mexican Cuisine
Perla serves modern-styled Mexican food in Santa Ana. It is a woman-owned business that is aimed to serve authentic food from every corner of Mexico. Their menu has a wide range of options to opt from, and being a modern-styled Mexican eatery, they also have some fusion dishes. Perla’s staff is super friendly, and the food is just amazing. Every dish has the authentic essence of Mexico. After your meal, be sure to check out our list of The BEST Coffee Santa Ana Offers.
- Address: 400 W 4th St Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Chilaquiles, Enchiladas Suizas, Queso Fundido.
Restaurante Las Cazuelas
Do you want to have Mexican food but are vegetarian? Don’t worry, as Restaurante Las Cazuelas has some vegetarian options on their menu. This place has a casual vibe, and the staff will make you feel at home. The food is delicious; you will be having more and more even when your stomach is full. They also have some Mexican desserts available and drinks too. You can visit it with your travel buddies and enjoy some Mexican food.
- Address: 312 N Bush St Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Chile Relleno, Suiza Chicken Enchiladas, Carne Asada Tacos.
Tacos are very mainstream these days, but if you want an authentic Mexican taco, head to Tacis Sinaloa. It serves good Mexican food in Santa Ana, be it tacos, burritos, or enchiladas; everything they cook and do is mouth-watering. You can go there between 9 AM till 10 PM and trust us in this, order anything and it will be full of taste. Customers love them because of their excellent customer service and generous serving size. If you’re looking for more options for authentic Mexican tacos in Santa Ana, be sure to check out our list of the 14 BEST Taco Trucks In Santa Ana for an authentic street taco experience.
- Address: 1430 E 17th St Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Speciaties: Wet Burrito, Carne Asada Tacos, Cheese Enchilada.
Potzoldencano serves unique yet best Mexican food in Santa Ana. They have traditional cuisine from central Mexico, and everything on the menu is made from top-notch ingredients and strong flavors. This eatery is wheelchair accessible, and you can take your kids there too. Their chilaquiles are so famous in town as it has splendid flavors, and your mouth will remember their taste for a few days.
- Address: 1003 S Bristol St Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: El Favorito Chilaquiles, Green Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Pozole.
Avila’s El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant
This eatery is well-known for serving the true Mexican good in the city. They have secret recipes for their food and make them with only fresh and high-quality ingredients. Because of these reasons, it is among the best Mexican food places in Santa Ana. People have complimented their salsa and soup the most. Apart from these two, anything you order will taste authentic Mexican.
- Address: 2201 E 1st St Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Specialties: Carnitas, Cup Of Chicken Soup, Asada.
La Súper Birria
This place has a casual yet classy vibe and is suitable for kids. It also serves vegan Mexican food, so that’s a plus for people who don’t eat meat. La Súper Birria has expertise in making Birria de Res (beef) in the traditional Mexican way and serves the best Mexican food in Santa Ana. If you love beef, then you should definitely give this a try, and we kid you not; it tastes like heaven. Apart from that, their vegan options and tacos are also well-cooked and yummy. If you’re interested in trying out different Birria options in Santa Ana, check out our 15 BEST Birria In Santa Ana Worth list to discover new flavors and styles.
- Address: 1041 W First St Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: Birria Tour, Red Taco, Birria Plate.
Baja Fish Tacos
Mexican food is all about delicious seafood and tacos, of course. If you are craving some tasty and original fish tacos, then you should go to Baja Fish Tacos. They serve tacos with a generous amount of meat and beans. Everything is well-cooked and fresh; you will love every bite of your food there.
- Address: 3664 S Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92704.
- Specialties: Carne Asada, Baja Bowl, Unwrapped Burrito.
Do you want to experience the original Mexican breakfast in Santa Ana? If you are looking for Mexican breakfast and brunch places, then you must visit Cafe Cultura. They serve the yummiest Mexican breakfast in the area. You can visit them between 7 AM till 2 PM. Their lattes and churros are unforgettable, and you will want more of them. They will melt in your mouth, and you will be in awe of the taste.
- Address: 324 W 4th St Ste B Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Churro Waffle, El Famoso Breakfast Burrito, House Chilaquiles.
Taco Pronto is dedicated to serving the best Mexican food in Santa Ana. They are aimed at making original and fresh Mexican food in a short period of time. People love this place because of the food, of course, but also because their service is fast. You can get your food in minutes after ordering it. And you know the best part about Taco Pronto? All of their sauces and salsas are made in-house so they have actual and excellent flavor.
Recommended Read: Top Places For BEST Hot Chicken In Santa Ana
- Address: 1714 E McFadden Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Specialties: Surf and Turf Burrito, California Burrito, Tortas.
Los Dorados BBQ
If you are looking for hygenic Mexican food options, then pay a visit to Los Dorados BBQ. This is a relatively new eatery in the town but has made its name among the Mexican food places in Santa Ana. Their tortillas are homemade and taste absolutely amazing. The nachos have the perfect crunch and flavor, while tacos are delicious. You can have lunch, dinner, or brunch at this place, and you will enjoy the food quality.
- Address: 2600 W Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92704.
- Specialties: Menudo, Tacos Dorados, Taquitos.
El Indio Botanas y Cerveza
This eatery has many vegetarian Mexican food options so that you can take your vegetarian friends there. Customers widely love their avocado toast and potato tacos. Vegetarians appreciate that some eatery in the town lets them enjoy authentic Mexican food items.
- Address: 309 W 3rd St Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Mexican Avocado Tacos, Mole Wings, Potato Tacos.
Lola Gaspar offers the best Mexican food in Santa Ana, with a cocktail bar, kitchen, and taqueria. Mexico heavily influences their menu, and the ambiance of the place is very classy. The food is excellent, and their service is way too good. They will do everything to make you feel comfortable. They have a unique menu with some fusion dishes that have a more Mexican taste.
- Address: 211 W 2nd St Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Duck Confit, Bacon Wrapped Dates, Polenta Chile Rellenos.
Colima Mexican & Seafood Restaurant
This restaurant offers amazing Mexican breakfast and lunch options. It is open from 8 AM till 3 PM, Thursday to Tuesday. The atmosphere of this place is fun and family-friendly. You can have an authentic Mexican food experience while also enjoying some delicious seafood.
- Address: 130 N Fairview St Ste A Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: Menudo, Chile Relleno, Carne Asada Burrito.
This is a trendy place with moderate noise and limited vegetarian options. You can have every meal of the day there. Their tacos and consome are widely popular among the local people. You can eat some tacos with consome or can also order their plates. It is good for groups so you can have a Mexican lunch with your friends.
- Address: 1535 S Standard Ave Santa Ana, CA 92707.
- Specialties: Birria Taco, Carne Asada Plate, Consome.
Burritos La Palma
Numerous food chains worldwide are selling burritos, but if you want to indulge in an original Mexican Burrito experience, head to Burritos La Palma. They excel in making one of the best Mexican food in Santa Ana, and that includes burritos. You can never go wrong with any burrito from this eatery, order one you want to, and you will want more of it. After a satisfying meal, unwind and relax with one of the 15 Unmissable Massage Experiences in Santa Ana, as listed on our website.
- Address: 410 N Bristol Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: Bean and Cheese Burrito, Chicken Tinga, Birria Burrito.
El Mercado Modern Cuisine
As the name suggests, this name is mastered in serving modern Mexican cuisine. This is an award-winning restaurant, and that is only because of its simple yet flavorful cuisine. They have some secret fusion recipes as well as original Mexican recipes that are equally flavorsome. Their vibe is amazing, and the staff is amiable. As for the food, it is absolutely amazing.
- Address: 301 N Spurgeon St Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Italian Wolf, Jamaica Tacos, Chicken Mole.
El Yaqui Tacos y Mariscos
One can never be bored of tacos, and it is among the most popular Mexican dishes. if you are looking for a taco place but want something different too, then go to El Yaqui Tacos y Mariscos. All your taco cravings will be satisfied as their tacos taste like heaven and are clean too.
- Address: 1935 E 17th St Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Specialties: Taco Perron, Tostada Perrona, Marlin Taco.
Taqueria Carniceria Tapatia
This place is amazing in terms of everything, food, timings, and taste. It is open all day, every day. No matter if it’s the middle of the night or early in the morning, if you need tacos, Tapatia has got you. They serve the best Mexican food in Santa Ana with an apt amount of flavors and portions. Their tacos will literally melt in your mouth but still are crunchy.
Editor’s Pick: Top 18 BEST Chicken Sandwiches In Santa Ana
- Address: 1118 W 1st St Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: Al Pastor Tacos, Beef Tongue Taco, Carne Asada Tacos.
This place has speedy service, so if you are running late, you can order and have it in minutes. This is not a very fancy place, but the food is good and authentic. Their Carne Asada Tacos are great in taste and portion. You can visit this place between 8 AM till 1 AM.
- Address: 202 S Bristol St Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: Carne Asada Tacos, Al Pastor Tacos, Carne Asada Burrito.
This place is ideal for those who want to have an authentic Mexican breakfast but also want to have some American food too. For more breakfast options in Santa Ana, be sure to check out our list of the BEST 33 Breakfast In Santa Ana, CA, for a variety of delicious options. It has a casual vibe with moderate noise and is also great for kids. There are many vegetarian options on the menu. So, go to the Mini Cafe if you want to have some Mexican and American food with vegetarian options too.
- Address: 2370 N Tustin Ave Ste C Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Specialties: Breakfast Burrito, French Toast, Huevos Rancheros.
Carnitas Don Julián
This eatery specializes in Carnitas Michoacanas, which are cooked daily in the morning using top-notch meat. The place also offers flavorful tacos and their special burrito. Their recipes are original, and they believe in making fresh food for their customers. These qualities make them cook the best Mexican food in Santa Ana.
- Address: 1920 W First St Santa Ana, CA 92703.
- Specialties: Cueritos, Tacos, Carnitas Burrito.
La Carreta Mexican Food
This place is owned by a family and is great for pets and kids. They make fresh tortillas every day and serve up to sixteen kinds of meat. Their tacos and other food items are super fresh and yummy. You can visit this place from 10 AM till 10 PM and can also bring your friends as it is good for groups. The food tastes amazing as it is fresh and homemade.
- Address: 1155 W Central Ave Santa Ana, CA 92707.
- Specialties: Sope, Fish Tacos, Gordita.
Las Brisas De Apatzingan
Las Brisas De Apatzingan offers a divey and casual atmosphere that is good for kids too. Their food is authentic and delicious. Their Pozoles are very famous among the customers. You can go and try them and see how you find them, but we are confident that you will love them.
- Address: 1524 S Flower St Santa Ana, CA 92707.
- Specialties: Pozole Verde, Potato Taquitos, Csrna Asada Plate.
Flor De Oaxaca
This eatery has the genuine and true taste of Oaxaca, Mexico, and that’s why it has some of the best Mexican food in Santa Ana. Their food items are the Mexican city’s essence, and you will love the flavors. It is open every day from 9 in the morning to 9 at night.
- Address: 210 W 1st St Ste 111 Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Enchiladas, Quesadillas, Quesadillas Doradas.
La Chiquita Restaurant
This is a little hidden gem in a cute neighborhood of Santa Ana. La Chiquita Restaurant offers its customers the best possible service and the yummiest food. Their menu has Mexican food, which they make with fresh ingredients and perfect flavors. Try this one if you are tired of going to the same mainstream places.
- Address: 906 E Washington Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Specialties: Ground Beef Taco, Cheese Enchilada, Meat Burrito.
Sal’s Tacos A La Mexicana
This eatery excels in original Mexican food and is good for groups. The vibe is casual, and it has a moderate noise. You can bring your family or friends and eat some Mexican food. Their mulitas are heavenly, and the rice they make has a unique Mexican taste. You can have anything on the menu and will surely enjoy the flavors.
- Address: 2431 N Tustin Ave Ste D Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Specialties: Mulitas, Carne Asada Combo, Tortas.
We have included thirty places in this guide to the best Mexican food in Santa Ana, CA. We hope it has helped you find your place to have some Mexican goodness.